Dvorak- Symphony No. 9-- "From the New World"

This is one of the most beautiful pieces of music that I have ever heard. Wow. So amazing. It is written by Czech composer Antonin Dvorak, who composed during the Romantic Period (my favorite- so rich and complex and deep, like Rachmaninoff, Chopin and Debussy)

This particular music comes from his Symphony No. 9 "From the New World", he wrote this work after visiting America.

I am posting two clip of it- the first is the original symphonic version (this video features breathtaking views of planet Earth as seen from space, set to the music)  the second is the same piece arranged for the human voice.

Both are astounding.

I just want to thank God for the gift of music and for giving us creativity and desire.

I pray that this gift of music brings some beauty your way today.

Bless you :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Information

Long lost blog...

Fr. Santan Pinto, SOLT 1948-2011