Surfer Andy Irons 1978-2010

Surfing legend Andy Irons passed away on November 2nd in Dallas, TX. He was 32 years old.

Read the story of his amazing life and untimely death here.

Andy was much beloved and respected in his home of Hawaii and across the world. A man who was very human in spite of being wildly popular.

When I read the article posted above, I was filled with a sense of sorrow and an immense sense of awe for the sacredness and gift of life.

Why things happen the way they do may not be known in this life.

All we do know is that God makes sense of our confusion and accompanies us in our deepest sorrows and mysteries.

My prayers go out to his family, especially his wife, due to give birth to their first child next month.

May he rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon him.

God bless you, Andy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I stumbled upon your post today. I was looking to see if I missed any tributes to Andy Irons. I did not know Andy personally but I followed his career. Check out this post on the Billabong website. Some who were close to Andy reflect on his memory. With the exception to one quick description of Andy Irons' surfing skills and comparing it to drugs, I think this video is a great tribute. I hope you will like it.

A.I. TRIBUTE BY SURFER MAGAZINE

- Dennis

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Information

Long lost blog...

Fr. Santan Pinto, SOLT 1948-2011