What Do I Stand For?

I heard this song, Some Nights, #3 on the iTunes chart as of now, yesterday in the car. This really is the anthem of the current generation.

Read the lyrics very carefully. It's a very insightful song into the angst of today's young people. (not a song for children, even though I am posting the clean version here)

Listen for these lyrics-- "what do I stand for?", "I sold my soul for this?", "five minutes in and I'm bored again", "some nights I wish it would all end", "I found a martyr in my bed tonight, she stops my bones from wondering who I am"

wow.



Comments

JAKS Media said…
I don't understand why musicians put foul language in songs. It does nothing for the meaning of the song. There are a lot of great songs out there that have ruined by foul language.

Popular posts from this blog

Peyton Manning and the Path to Maturity

Why Catholic Homeschooling and Monks Seek the Same Thing...