A change in altitude......

So I just got back from another AMAZING Theology of the Body Conference in Tallahassee, FL. This particular conference was put on the The Theology of the Body Healing Center, run by the most holy and gifted Dr. Bob Schuchts, Ph. D. This conference and the TOB message, yet again, completely changed my life and I am most grateful to God and to the wonderful staff at the TOB Healing Center, including my friend Mario Sacasa.

If you would like to know more about the TOB Healing Center, click here

On the flight to Florida, which is about as far away as one can possibly get in the continental US, our plane was really flying through some rough air and it was not fun! Usually at this point, the pilot will change altitudes to find smoother air. But as the flight went on, it became apparent that we were at the same altitude, flying through this rough air, and I was beginning to wonder what was going on.

Shortly after, the pilot came on the PA system and said something I have never heard a pilot say. He said, "Folks, we are flying through some rough air. Our flight is full, this is a long flight and we are carrying a lot of fuel. We are too heavy to change altitudes, so please bear with us as we ride this out. Thank you."

and that really got me thinking, "Where in my life am i too heavy to change altitudes?" "Where in my life am i riding really rough air because I don't want to let go of something and by clinging to it, a mere illusion of happiness and security, it is causing struggle and hardship in my life?" and i thought about that a lot.

much of it was revealed to me during this week, during this TOB Conference on the Healing of our Sexuality. There is so much I cling to, when all it is is lies and darkness that I have become quite comfortable with and don't want to let go. What a waste of time and energy on my part when God desires to fill me to overflowing with grace, truth, beauty and blessing. Ah!

Where is God desiring to free you and fill you with His love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Information

Long lost blog...

Fr. Santan Pinto, SOLT 1948-2011