I Will Wait For You

ok, so a couple of the ways that God speaks to me as a person is (if you cant already tell) through music and sports. With that in mind, I learn all sorts of eternal realities at times through this language which God knows I relate well.

Many times I wake up in the morning with songs in my mind, some of which I do not know in their entirety and I must look up the lyrics and most of the time I am astounded at what God is saying to me. So the past couple of days, I have awoken to the song "Wait For You" by Elliott Yamin in my mind. It was a Top 40 hit on the radio a while ago but i don't recall paying much attention to it, so it wasn't something i listened to at all.

However, as I read the lyrics, it reminded me much of a secular version of a song that I posted last week by the Christian band 10th Avenue North (who will be in Seattle next month). The song by 10th Avenue North is called, "These Hands That Are Holding You"- and its really a plea from Jesus for us to stop fighting Him because He just wants to give us what out heart truly desires.

So, as I was listening to this song by Elliott Yamin, it too reminded me of a call from Jesus, more covert, but none the less real. It reminds me how Jesus truly never gives up on us. He waits for us and longs for us to return to Him. He knows that we will be restless until we rest in Him and so He waits and waits and continues to bless us, all the while deeply yearning for our return to Him.

I was particularly struck by the lyrics that say, "why does your pride make you run and hide? Are you that afraid of me? But I know it's a lie, what you keep inside, this is not how you want it to be."

We all have this deep longing for communion, it's written in the human heart and we cannot extinguish it. Many times we think the longing is our problem and we try to stamp it out or shut it off because it can be painful but the longing is not the problem. Our problem is when we try to settle for things and fill our ourselves with what will never satisfy.

Let us return to Him, the One who waits for us and the One who never leaves us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Information

Long lost blog...

Fr. Santan Pinto, SOLT 1948-2011