Mike Mangione

Ah, this is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. I openly wept when I first heard it live. The artist is Mike Mangione, an amazing Catholic musician who also writes his own music and is immensely talented. He also travels with Christopher West as they embark on a new project together- combining the beauty of Theology of the Body and the beauty of art.

check out his website at http://www.mikemangione.com/

I am also posting the lyrics to this song "Woman in Gown"-- deeply piercing and healing. So beautiful. Thank you Mike for writing such an amazing song-

Woman in Gown

There is frost on the sheets when the sun went down
There’s no place to lay your head.
You stand in this valley of tears all around
As he stands as your jury instead.
He holds you in bribe as you try to hide
What is sacred; he objects to dismiss.

Oh, woman in gown, you were made for much better than this.

We fashion our breath to the lowest of depth
And let pleasure be the host of what’s real.
But I say let’s sacrifice, boys, and we’ll smother their noise
As the goods they’ve been fixing to steal.
And I am only a man so please understand but won’t you take my hand, I insist.

Oh, woman in gown, you were made for much better than this.

Oh sleep, my dear, may you rest ‘till disorder has been fixed.
Oh, woman in gown, you were made for much better than this.

They try to deceive to make you believe
That you can be held and dropped on a dime.
But nothing, my dear, should be held in the fear
That a drop is just natural with time.
And know: you can not be taken, nor your value forsaken.
Please deny their Judas kiss.

Oh, woman in gown, you were made for much better than this.

Stand tall, my bride, and never compromise.  Let me show you what their promises miss.

Oh, woman in gown, you were made for much better than this.



Comments

Jessie said…
This song is so powerful, beautiful and true, to women who have been hurt in the process of just wanting to be loved.

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Information

Long lost blog...

Fr. Santan Pinto, SOLT 1948-2011